We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all my clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it.
This will help us to maintain and improve our standards.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact us by letter or email with the details.
1. We will then send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details. You can expect to receive our letter within 2 working days of us receiving your complaint.
2. We will record the fact that you have complained and open a file for your complaint. We will do this within one working day of receiving your complaint.
3. On receipt of your letter confirming or explaining the details of your complaint, we will acknowledge your reply to our
letter and confirm what will happen next. You can expect to hear from us within one working day of your reply.
4. We will then start to investigate your complaint. This may involve one or more of the following steps.
5. If Mr du Pré acted for you personally, he will consider your complaint himself. We will then send
you our detailed reply or invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. We will do this
within 10 working days.
6. If someone else acted for you, within one working day of receiving your letter confirming or explaining the details of your complaint, Mr du Pré will ask them to give him their reply to your complaint within 5 working days.
• Mr du Pré will then examine their reply and the information in your complaint file. He may also speak to the person
who acted for you. He will do this within 3 working days of receiving their reply and the file.
• We will then send you our detailed reply or invite you to meet us and discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. We will do this within 3 working days.
7. If we have a meeting to discuss your complaint we will write to you within 2 working days afterwards to confirm what took
place and any solutions we have agreed with you.
If having invited you to a meeting you do not want one or it is not possible, we will write to you again setting out our
suggestions for resolving the matter. We will do this within 5 working days of you telling us that you do not want a meeting.
8. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you can write to us again. Mr du Pré will then review the decision himself within 5 working days. He will let you know the result of the review within 5 working days of the end of the review. We may at this point invite you to agree to independent mediation within 14 working days. If meditation is not an option or it is unsuccessful in resolving your complaint, we will write to you again (within 5 working days of the conclusion of the mediation or within 5 working days of you
telling us that you do not want to try mediation) confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
We will also give you the name and address of the Office for the Supervision of Solicitors. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact them about your complaint.